We were pleased to build the department website for the new ENV Studies department at the National University of Singapore. The department was new and had some great energy behind it. Their focus was on tackling some of South East Asia’s environmental problems by inspiring students to learn about causes and solutions to the climate crisis. The course has a strong component of field work which included a good amount of student photography. Many of the students and staff lent their photography to the web project to help showcase the important and exciting work they were doing. This was a great complement the academic information on the website.
Many institutions have brand requirements for their websites. We were able to work within these guidelines to stay within the university brand, while adding full-width photography, sliders and graphic components to inspire students.
The website included:
- calendars to inform students of upcoming field trips and community outreach events,
- department events section to inform about guest lectures,
- department news highlighting student successes and stories,
- exam schedules,
- program details,
- student testimonials,
- faculty bios and contact information,
- course requirements, enrollment and admissions information,
- student services information links and contacts,
- information about student internships,
- video content of showcasing past guest lecturers.
- campus resources,
- scholarship and bursary information
Of course, we connected the website to Google Analytics to measure student engagement and gauge it’s overall success. The site was also SEO optimized to allow Google to find and properly catalog the site pages into their databases. This helped prospective students and their parents find the program when reviewing university options. It also helped existing students find information helpful to their success.